How to Setup Your Netgear Extender with www.mywifiext.net
When it comes to wireless range extenders, nothing can dominate over Netgear. Being the pioneer of wireless devices, Netgear provides numerous wireless range extenders to enhance the quality and coverage of your internet connection.
The most prominent benefit of all, Netgear extenders are easy to configure and install. Within 5-10 minutes, you can set up your extender. In this article, you'll learn about setting up your extender with www.mywifiext.net.
Therefore, let us dive in right into the steps:
- First of all, you need to turn on your wireless range extender by providing it with adequate power supply. Take an adapter and connect it to a stable and safe source of power. Make sure that all wires are properly insulated and there's no damage to them.
- Next up, locate the power button on the body of your extender and press it for a while. As soon as you notice a solid green light on your extender, consider that it has been successfully turned on.
- Once done, you need to connect your extender with your router. The simplest way to do it is by using an ethernet cable. Take an ethernet cable, connect its one end to your router and the other one to your extender. To ensure a proper connection, keep an eye on the LED panel of your extender.
- Alternatively, you can also choose to connect both the devices wirelessly. In order to do it, you need to locate the WPS button on both your devices and press it for 2-3 seconds. When you notice a solid light on your extender, consider that the connection has been established between both the devices.
- After connecting both your router and extender, you will require a device such as a computer or a smartphone with a browser to access www.mywifiext.net. Make sure the device you choose has a browser of the latest version.
- In your device, open the wireless network manager and scan for available networks. Among the list of networks that show on your screen, choose the one that says "Netgear extender setup" and hit the connect button. It won't ask you for a password because the network is unauthenticated by default.
- Once you are connected to the network, launch the browser application in your device. In the browser, navigate to the address bar located at the top. In the address bar, type in the web address mywifiext.net and hit the enter button on your keyboard.
- When the webpage is loaded, it will prompt you to enter a username and password. For the credentials, you can check the back part of your extender, Note the credentials and enter them on the website. After that, click on the login button to proceed with the setup.
- On the website, you need to click on the button that says "start setup" and follow the instructions that you get on the page. In the end, just click on the finish setup to complete the installation of your Netgear extender setup.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully configured your Netgear wireless range extender.