Stepwise guide for mywifiext setup using WPS method
Does your internet doesn’t work in certain parts of your home?
Well, you might have dead zones in your space.
Dead zones are specific areas of your home that lack internet connectivity due to the unavailability of the network. Usually, these zones are created due to the small range of your wireless router, interference to the network due to walls, or availability of appliances such as microwaves.
In order to get rid of dead zones, you need a wireless range extender from mywifiext. Once you have a mywifiext wireless range extender, you need to follow the steps given below for mywifiext setup using WPS method.
- Firstly, you need to turn on your wireless range extender by connecting it to a stable source of power. So, take a power adapter and connect it to an outlet available near your router. Make sure that wires are not torn apart from anywhere and wear rubber gloves.
- After connecting your extender to a power source, you have to find the power button located on the body of your extender. Once found, press it for a while and then release it. When you see a solid green light on the LED panel of your extender, you can conclude that the device has been successfully turned on.
- Now, you need to make a connection between your extender and your router. Since we are discussing the steps for mywifiext setup using WPS method, we'll connect both the devices with the help of the WPS push button.
- In order to do that, locate the WPS push-button on both your extender and your router. Once you find the buttons, press and hold them for a while simultaneously. Check the LED panel for a solid green light as an indication of a successful connection.
- After you have connected both the devices, head towards your computer or smartphone. In your computer or smartphone, make sure you have a browser application of the latest version.
- Now, open the wireless network manager in your device. Once opened, scan for the list of available networks in your area. Once you find the network named "Netgear extender setup", click on it and hit the connect button right away. In case the network asks you for a password, enter the one you use for your router.
- After connecting to the network of your extender, you need to launch the browser application on your smartphone or computer. In the browser, you need to navigate to the URL bar and enter the website mywifiext.net in it. After entering, just press the enter key on your keyboard or hit the go button.
- Now, you need to enter the username and password on the website. By default, you need to enter the username as "admin" and the password as "password" and hit the login button. After that, you'll see a blue button that says "begin setup". You need to click on this button.
- Now, just follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
And that’s all you need to do! You’ve successfully completed mywifiext setup using WPS method.